YAC Awarded Close to $4,000 in Grants 2018-2019 Cycle
The Youth Advisory Council awarded $3825 in 2018-19.
We thank all youth applicants for their dedication to service.
- Alma High School’s Student Council received $500 to support the school’s food pantry which is available to hungry students;
- Alma’s Pine Avenue Elementary Student Leadership Council received $500 for the Connecting Generations project joining youth together with residents of Arbor Grove
- Carrie Knause Early Childhood Learning Center in St. Louis received $500 for Mrs. Jenkins’s second grade class to start a Free Little Library;
- Carrie Knause Early Childhood Learning Center in St. Louis also received $475 for Mrs.Vance’s Kindergarten class to make “Snowman Soup” to distribute through the Meals on Wheels program;
- Alma’s St. Mary School’s K-Club received $500 to make blankets to donate to organizations like Pardee Cancer Treatment Center, Arbor Grove Assisted Living, and more; and
- Ithaca’s South Elementary received three grants totaling $1350 for Mrs. Meier’s Kindergarten class’s Books for Babies, Everybody Deserves a Birthday Cake and Bagels
with Bus and Crossing Guards projects.