2024 Scholarship Application
The 2024 Scholarship Application is available. Please follow the link below to access the scholarship application.
The application deadline is January 24, 2024.
Whether this is your first time filling out a scholarship application or you are unsure if you are eligible for a specific scholarship, we are here to help. It is important that every student has the opportunity to fill out the application to the best of their ability, and we want to make the process as accessible and streamlined as possible.
No question or concern is too small, and we are happy to help if we can.
Please contact Ashtyn Bush, Senior Program Officer, at 989-875-4222 or email her at email@example.com.
AwardSpring Applicant Guide
This guide walks you through the process of applying for scholarships using the AwardSpring platform.
To complete the application, every applicant will need to provide...
- Cumulative high school (or college if applicable) transcript reflecting a cumulative GPA
What to expect with scholarships that require additional documents...
At least one letter of recommendation: Eagle Scout Scholarship, Anna Frutiger Memorial Scholarship, Gratiot County Fair For Youth Memorial Scholarship, Loren Humm Memorial Sugar Beet Grower's Scholarship, Robert W. MacDonald Memorial Scholarship, Loren and Becky Roslund Scholarship, Dale and Camille Weburg Scholarship, Youth Advisory Scholarship, Clyde and Maude Mizer Memorial Scholarship, Mildred Portner Chaffin Scholarship, Janet Cooper Abbot and Richard Abbot Scholarship, Harold B. Goodwin Memorial Scholarship.
For your convenience, you can email requests for your letters of recommendation through our online application platform. Letters of recommendation can be easily submitted and tracked using our online process.
- Additional essay: Farming Family Scholarship, Anna Frutiger Memorial Scholarship, Gratiot County Fair For Youth Scholarship, Gratiot VFW Post 7805 Scholarship, Robert W. MacDonald Memorial Scholarship, Youth Advisory Council Scholarship, Janet Cooper Abbott and Richard Abbott Scholarship, Harold B. Goodwin Memorial Scholarship, Mildred Portner Chaffin Scholarship.
- Separate documents that need to be included: (these are available to download on our website. Eagle Scout Scholarship, Gratiot VFW Post 7805 Scholarship (create your own list of veterans), Robert W. MacDonald Memorial Scholarship.
5 Things to Know About Foundation Scholarships
1. Just One Application
One application is used to apply for a variety of scholarships with the exception of just a few school-specific scholarships. For more information regarding these scholarships, please see your school counselor or call the Foundation. To complete the application you will need to have available your cumulative high school (or college if applicable) transcript reflecting a cumulative GPA.
2. You Don’t Need to be the “Perfect” Student
Every scholarship has different required qualifications and the evaluation criterion varies. GPA is considered for many of the scholarships but not all of them.
3. “Financial Need” Isn’t a Factor for All Students
Not all of the scholarships consider financial need.
4. Not All Scholarships are for a 4 Year College
The Gratiot County Community Foundation offers a variety of scholarship opportunities ranging from nontraditional, vocational, undergraduate, and graduate students, as well as high school senior, athletic, and artistic scholarships.
5. The Evaluation Process is Extremely Fair
Community volunteers of all ages, backgrounds, and locations review student applications. Decisions are judiciously based upon the verified qualifications presented in the applicant’s application and whether or not they meet the requirements of the scholarship.