Alma Schools Athletic Hall of Fame Scholarship
Join the Commitment
About the Scholarship
Senior student athletes who apply for the annual scholarship must meet the criteria in the areas of academic achievement, citizenship, and sportsmanship, as well as athletic participation. Each year, scholarships will be distributed to one male student athlete and to one female student athlete who meet the established criteria.
According to Scholarship Coordinator Doug Yarnell, the program is a further effort by the Hall of Fame to link past athletic achievement with future success.
The Hall of Fame has always attempted to celebrate the rich athletic traditions of Alma High School. Now, in addition to saluting the leaders of the past, this Scholarship Program will allow us to provide opportunities for athletic leaders of today, and of tomorrow.
Number of Awards and Value
Two scholarships for as much as $1,500 each.
- Must be a graduating senior student-athlete from Alma High School;
- Must have participated in a varsity sport for 2 years;
- Must have at least a cumulative 3.0 GPA;
- Must have taken ACT or SAT;
- Must have good sportsmanship while participating in sports and as a spectator;
- Must have good citizenship in and out of school;
- Must have good evaluation from coaches/teachers;
- Must have been accepted to college, university, vocational or trade school.