Anna Frutiger Memorial Scholarship
Join the Commitment
About the Scholarship
Supports graduate students pursuing a doctoral degree in dentistry
Anna Frutiger will always be remembered for her dedication to her friends and family, her education and her love for serving her community. She graduated from Alma High School in 2005 as a valedictorian of her class and went on to receive her Bachelor of Science degree in molecular biology at Kenyon College in Gambier, Ohio in 2009. Anna had just completed her first year of dental school at University of Pittsburgh when she suffered a fatal pulmonary embolism May of 2010.
Anna’s family established this scholarship in her memory to recognize a student who has the same passion for serving others and exemplifies the dedication to pursing a profession in dentistry.
Number of Awards and Value
One for as much as $3,000.
- Must be a graduate student pursuing a doctoral degree in dentistry at an accredited US dental school;
- Must be a graduate of a Gratiot County high school with preference to Alma High School graduates;
- Must demonstrate financial need, academic excellence and high moral character;
- Must provide evidence of service to community;
- Must submit essay on goals as a dental professional;
- Must provide personal letter of reference from academic advisor, clergy member or other nonfamily member attesting to community service and high moral character.