Bonnie Barrett Memorial Scholarship
Join the Commitment
About the Scholarship
Bonnie Barrett passed away in January of 2023 as a result of an automobile accident.
Bonnie began her career at Commercial Bank in May of 1981 and will be remembered as a friend rather than a coworker by many who worked with her. She took great pride in her work, ensuring that each customer that she worked with had their questions answered and each coworker was given a smile.
Through this scholarship fund, Bonnie’s legacy will live on. Annual scholarships are available for Gratiot County students seeking a Banking or Finance degree.
It is Commercial Bank's belief that the recipient of this scholarship embodies the following characteristics: trust, commitment, and a strong desire to serve others. These values give you the ability to be successful in your career and make an impact each day.
Number of Awards and Value
This is a new scholarship fund at the Foundation. The first scholarship will be awarded in the 2024 scholarship cycle.
The scholarship will be awarded based on the following criteria for eligibility:
- Graduate of a Gratiot County high school (including graduating seniors).
- Undergraduate study only.
- First preference given for the pursuit of undergraduate education, with students seeking a degree or certificate in banking or finance degree related to banking.
- Second preference given for the pursuit of undergraduate education, with students seeking a degree in accounting or other areas of finance.
- Financial need may be considered.
- 3.0 minimum grade point average (based on a 4.0 scale).
- Previous recipients may reapply without preference.
Recipients to be listed soon.