Farming Family Scholarship
Join the Commitment
About the Scholarship
The Farming Family Scholarship began in 2012 with the purpose of supporting local youth as they pursue an education in agriculture or agrelated fields for a vocational or trade school, college or university.
This fund honors Gratiot County's roots in the agricultural industry with a goal of assisting youth from farming families continue in the tradition of the generations before them.
Number of Awards and Value
As many as three, for as much as $1,500 each.
- Must be a graduating senior from a Gratiot County high school pursuing a post-secondary degree in agriculture or agriculture-related fields at a college, university, vocational or trade school
- Previous recipients may reapply with no priority preference;
- First preference given to students with a farm family background;
- Academic excellence;
- Demonstration of high moral character;
- Evidence of service to community; and
- Completed essay on the applicant’s farm family background and its impact on who you are and what you wish to become.