Gratiot County Fair for Youth Memorial Scholarship
Join the Commitment
About the Scholarship
The Gratiot County Fair for Youth Memorial Scholarship was created in 2012 by a group of volunteers seeking a way of recognizing the outstanding youth exhibitors at the Fair and supporting them in their pursuit of post-secondary education. This scholarship is also a way to memorialize those dedicated Fair volunteers who have passed on.
Recipients of this scholarship have at least five years of experience exhibiting at the Fair and display outstanding leadership skills and service to their community. The scholarship may be awarded to a graduating high school senior or to a student already enrolled at a college or university or in a trade program.
Number of Awards and Value
Up to two, for as much as $750 each.
- Must be a graduating high school senior accepted at a college, university or trade school OR a student currently in his or her first year at a college, university or trade school;
- Must be a current Gratiot County Fair for Youth exhibitor who has participated for a minimum of five years with a preference to exhibitors who participate in multiple areas;
- Display a commitment to community service;
- Demonstrate leadership skills;
- Must not be a previous recipient of this scholarship;
- Must submit an essay outlining the skills learned as a fair exhibitor and how those skills will serve you throughout your lifetime. Be certain to address the aforementioned criteria. Essays must be no longer than one typewritten page in an easy to read font. Also include at least one personal letter of reference.