Janet Cooper Abbott and Richard Abbott Scholarship
Join the Commitment
About the Scholarship
“This scholarship was established for two reasons. One was to say thanks to the community of the Fulton Township School system and the small towns that surround it. The influence of being raised in such a warm, supporting area with many friends and relatives has helped the two of us to find a modest amount of success which we wish to share with others. We believe all persons owe a debt of gratitude to their local community; this is one way for us to help others.
We also believe strongly that, in this rapidly evolving world, education is the key to a successful life. Most high school graduates will need additional training beyond the 12th grade to achieve the life to which they aspire. Perhaps this scholarship will help a graduate find that necessary training.
We hope this gift to a graduate will in some small way help them find their success in life. Never stop learning.”
-Janet & Dick Abbott
Number of Awards and Value
One for as much as $2,400
- Must be a graduating senior of Fulton High School or Fulton Alternative High School pursuing post-secondary education at an accredited college or university;
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale;
- Previous recipients may apply with no preference;
- Preference to those demonstrating financial need and academic achievement;
- Consideration given to community service and demonstrated moral character;
- Must submit a one-page, typewritten essay outlining future goals and aspirations and completing phrase, “The most important factors in my education to this point have been . . . “.