Jody A Schnetzler Memorial Scholarship
Join the Commitment
About the Scholarship
The Jody A. Schneztler Memorial Scholarship fund, established by Jody's family, was made to honor her memory and passion for art. Jody taught art for 25 years, with her last, many years being at Ithaca Public Schools. Through teaching art, Jody was able to use her passion to teach students a form of expression and communication. Some of Judy's past students are now professional artists and countless others of her students now have an appreciation for the arts. This scholarship will aid graduating Ithaca seniors in their journey of education and the Arts, allowing Judy to live on through her students and everyone they inspire too.
Number of Awards and Value
One for as much as $1000
- Graduating seniors of Ithaca High School;
- Students who have at least two years of high school experiences participating in the fine arts (visual or performing) including, but not limited to, painting, drawing, pottery, music, drama, choir, etc;
- For pursuit of post-secondary education in the performing or visual arts or in education;
- Academic achievement of a 2.5 minimum gpa based on a 4.0 scale;
- Demonstration of financial need; and
- Previous recipients of this scholarship may reapply with no preference over new applicants.