Lee Trevino Memorial Scholarship
Join the Commitment
About the Scholarship
The Lee Trevino Memorial Scholarship fund was established to honor his lifetime devotion to serving the citizens of Gratiot County.
Lee demonstrated kindness, respect, and responsibility by serving Gratiot County as a law enforcement officer for over 25 years until medical conditions forced his retirement in 2012.
Lee enjoyed working with the youth in the county at numerous schools as the D.A.R.E. Officer.
To honor his dedication to serving his community, this scholarship was created to support continuing education for Gratiot County youth who are the children or grandchildren of law enforcement officers, fire fighters, or paramedic personnel in pursuit of higher education and/or individuals pursuing a degree in law enforcement.
It is the Trevino family's hope that Lee's memory will live on through those benefiting from this scholarship. It is the Trevino family's desire that individuals who are awarded this scholarship will strive to become valuable citizens of their community by contributing to the welfare of those in need and brighten the lives of those they impact.
Number of Awards and Value
This is a new scholarship fund at the Foundation. The first scholarship will be awarded in the 2022 scholarship cycle.
The scholarship will be awarded based on the following criteria for eligibility:
- Applicant must live or work in Gratiot County OR be a graduating senior from a Gratiot County high school;
- Applicant must be a child or grandchild of a local, county, state or federal law enforcement officer, firefighter or paramedic personnel; including reserve officers and retired, deceased or disabled personnel;
- Applicant must be in pursuit of a post-secondary degree, preferably in law enforcement;
- Preference to those demonstrating financial need; and
- Essay explaining how this scholarship and the degree the student is seeking will help serve the community.
Recipients to be listed soon.