Señora Kaufmann Memorial Scholarship
Join the Commitment
About the Scholarship
The Señora Kaufmann Memorial Scholarship was established in November 2020 by the family of Sally Kaufmann to honor her decades of service to teaching and continue her legacy in foreign language and education. Señora Kaufmann’s passion for teaching Spanish and Hispanic culture, along with her special gift for connecting with her students and colleagues, made her a beloved educator.
Sally Kaufmann was dedicated to helping students further their education, achieve their goals, and literally explore the world. She was a loyal confidant to countless students with whom she shared her wisdom and listened to their dreams. It is her family’s hope that the Señora Kaufmann Memorial Scholarship will assist Alma High School and other Gratiot County students pursue their passion in foreign language, travel, and international studies.
Number of Awards and Value
One Scholarship for as much as $500
- Graduate or graduating senior of a Gratiot County high school;
- First preference to an Alma High School graduating senior, then to any Gratiot County high school graduating senior, then to a Gratiot County high school graduate;
- Enrolled or will be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student;
- Studying in the field of Spanish language/culture preferred, then open to any other foreign language/culture or international studies;
- Demonstrated financial need;
- Minimum 3.25 grade point average (based on a 4.0 scale) at the time of application;
- High moral character and commitment to community service based on mandatory essay.
- Essay must be one page, typed, addressing the aforementioned criteria and answering the question, “Why is this field important to you?”
Recipients to be listed soon.