Willard Brainard Memorial Scholarship
Join the Commitment
About the Scholarship
Willard Brainard was the manager of the Ben Franklin store in St. Louis until a tragic accident took his life. At the age of 18, Mr. Brainard traveled overseas with the International Boy Scout Jamboree visiting London, Brussels, Paris and other European cities. After Willard's untimely death at the age of 28, his mother Inez started this scholarship fund in his memory as a student loan program and it was moved to the Foundation in 2015. She hoped to inspire other St. Louis High School students to love learning beyond high school as her son, Willard, did.
Number of Awards and Value
One, for as much as $700
- Must be a graduate or graduating senior of St. Louis Public Schools residing in Gratiot County;
- Must be in pursuit of a post-secondary education (including, but not limited to university, college, vocational technical or other certificate program);
- Must demonstrate financial need;
- Must demonstrate high moral character and
- Must provide personal letter of reference from academic advisor, clergy member or other non family member attesting to moral character.