Youth Advisory Council Scholarship
Join the Commitment
About the Scholarship
Supporting members of the Foundation’s Youth Advisory Council in pursuit of post-secondary education
The Youth Advisory Council is the Foundation’s program to instill the value of philanthropy and service to community in the next generation. YAC membership is open to all Gratiot County high school students.
This scholarship was established with an anonymous contribution in 2006. Its purpose is to support YAC members in the pursuit of post-secondary education. Eligible YACers must have been active in YAC meetings and service projects for at least two years, as well as have demonstrated academic achievement and high moral character as representatives of the Foundation and the Gratiot Community.
Number of Awards and Value
One for as much as $500
- Must be a graduating senior of a school in Gratiot County pursuing post-secondary education;
- Must be a member of YAC for at least two years and have participated in no less than five meetings and/or YAC community service activities each year;
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale;
- Must submit confirmation of service from YAC Advisor;
- Must submit a one-page, typewritten essay illustrating the impact of YAC on applicant’s life AND applicant’s community;
- Must submit at least one and no more than three letters of support of` applicant’s community service and moral character (family members and YAC advisors excluded).