· First preference to seniors graduating from a Gratiot County high school. If none, then previous graduates from a Gratiot County high school may be considered;
· Applicant must be from a family of sugar beet growers, have executed a 4-H project related to sugar beets, or be from a family that owns sugar shares as documented by at least one letter of reference from a 4-H Advisor, FFA Advisor, and/or a field man;
· Applicant must have a 3.0 grade point average based on a 4.0 scale;
· First preference to applicants pursuing a degree at a college or university. If none, then applicants enrolled in trade or vocational programs may be considered;
· Financial need is a consideration for this scholarship, but not a requirement;
· Whether an applicant is pursuing a career in agriculture or ag-related business is a consideration for this scholarship, but not a requirement; and
· If sugar beets cease to be grown locally or there are no applicants with family or 4-H connections to sugar beet growing as referenced above, the scholarship may be awarded to other crop growers meeting like criteria.
One scholarship available for as much as $900.